The following will be implemented in our program until further notice in response to COVID-19.
- Masks – Falling in with California's new mask policies, WGCEDEP strongly recommends your children wear a mask while at daycare. Please, have a conversation with your children about being respectful of others choices. As always we will follow our behavior policies in response to disrespectful comments.
- Daily Health Checks – Parents are required to inform us of symptoms of illness within the household that have potential to be COVID-19, review this guide on what to do if your child is showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will also take your child’s temperature when they arrive (or are picked up –TK&K). If the child’s temperature is 100 degrees or higher they will not be allowed to attend daycare even if they were at school all day. Children should be fever free without medication for 24 hours prior to returning to our program.
- Hand Washing – Children and staff will wash hands more frequently throughout the day to reduce transmission of germs. Proper hand washing will be reinforced and monitored closely by staff.
- Sanitizing and Disinfecting – To keep everyone as safe as possible, we will intensify our efforts to keep our facility disinfected. Staff will increase their frequency of cleaning surfaces and classroom materials. Surfaces such as doorknobs, sink handles, and railings will be disinfected regularly.