**Teachers must meet California licensing requirements for a childcare teacher under Community Care Licensing.**
- 12+ ECE or CHAD units REQUIRED (6 alternative units may include art, music, dance, P.E., human services, social welfare, nursing, psychology, sociology, home economics, elementary/middle school education units)
- Prefer prior experience working with children in an organized program.
- Must have knowledge of children's developmental stages and activities that are appropriate for each grade level.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and the program.
- Has the ability to interact well with others in a professional environment.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid preferred.
- Proof of medical/TB exam completed within 7 days of hire, Vaccinations required (MMR, COVID-19).
- Must have fingerprints cleared and child abuse index prior to hire.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Spanish Speaking teachers preferred and hired at a higher starting rate.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Curriculum planning and implementation of daily enrichment activities
- Building positive relationships with parents, students and school personnel
- Participate in on-site staff development trainings; show an ongoing effort toward personal growth
- Demonstrate cooperation, flexibility and teamwork
- Manage behavior according to WGCEDEP standards and expectations; maintaining a safe/healthy learning environment for children inside and outside
- Be aware of ratio and supervision requirements; teacher to student ratio of 1:14
- Oversee homework and guide children as necessary
- Be prepared and acquainted with emergency and disaster procedures
- Instruct children in the practice of cleanliness and self care
- Document incidents of injury, health or behavior issues
- Keep materials inventoried, organized and put away when finished
- Perform assigned housekeeping duties daily
- Preparation of snack
Monday - Friday: 7am-9am
Monday - Friday: 1:30pm-6:00pm
*Full time schedule includes both AM & PM shifts; part time schedule includes PM shift only.
$17-$22 hourly starting
*Rates dependent on ECE & CHAD units and experience.
- Medical & Dental (optional)
- 403B Retirement (optional)
- Paid Vacation is accumulated over time in the form of receiving pay when the center is closed.
To apply email a resume to: Bobbiurbano@wgcedep.com